Thursday, January 7, 2010

Let it Snow!

This is Luca's 1st experience playing in the snow! The day that he was born, we had a record breaking snow storm...20 inches! He seemed to want Corey to carry him most of the time. I thought he would enjoy playing in the snow but maybe since he's not used to it he wanted to be carried. Poor Corey, he was snow blowing our driveway while holding Luca the entire time!

I can't believe Luca turned 22 months yesterday! He is really getting sharp but is starting to learn how to push our buttons. He has been throwing his toys and sometimes towards his sister - he typically gets a warning then he goes in time out if he does it again. I was trying to teach him shapes today. He knows the shape of a star, square and circle. We are still working on triangle. Sometimes when I say point to the triangle he shrugs his shoulders, grabs a few blocks and throws them. I'm also trying to teach him how to count but he holds up his fingers and murmurs two , tree then claps and says BRAVO! I need to be patient but it's tough when a couple of his older buddies know their colors, shapes AND even know how to spell their name! They are 3 months older but STILL! He can say lots and lots of words but he just isn't putting them into sentences yet. I know, I need to be careful what I wish for because once he starts talking he'll probably not stop!



While the boys were out in the snow, Olivia and I were keeping warm in our matching monkey slippers!


Here's a shot of her from my angle - she's cute in any angle! Today she tried butternut squash. She seems like she's not so much interested in eating solids yet. She was crying the entire time I was feeding her the squash. I thinks she prefers her milk. I also gave her some oatmeal for breakfast with mashed up bananas. She seemed to like that....maybe b/c she's my lil monkey?


Love this monkey shirt that her Grammy bought her for Xmas! It's so funny when Olivia wakes up in the morning. Sometimes I hear her on the monitor wake up at 4am and she just starts babbling - dadadada, bababababa then after a few minutes of repeating she falls asleep again. The past few months she wakes up around 7:30am babbling - she gets louder and louder the longer I wait but she rarely cries. I think she just knows how much I like to sleep so she doesn't want to bother me. I usually get her up and fed by 8 so. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment