Monday, January 25, 2010

Day Care

Here is Miss. Olivia - the bouncing machine! I forgot I had this for Luca. He used this all the time - it would entertain him long enought for me to get showered and ready. He would bounce, but mostly spin and play with the musical toy that's attached to it. Olivia is a bouncing machine. She loves this thing. Don't mind her hair it's growing like crazy! The clips can't even hold her hair to the side anymore b/c she has so much of it. I'm seriously considering a little trim already - it's just out of control but she's still as cute as can be!



So today I finally went to work out at the gym. I recently picked up a trial pass to see if it's something I can actually do before I join a gym. It's really tough having two kids and bringing them into the gym. Even though the guy warned me that January/February is their busiest time b/c of New Years resolution the place was packed. It was very hard to find parking so I parked way in the back - got the kids in the double stroller up the hill. Then I had to basically go a very long way b/c the entrance has stairs so I needed a ramp. I felt like I already had a work out before getting into the gym. Then to get to the day care they had like 7 stairs! I couldn't take the stroller up there with me! So, that was a little frustrating... but they told me about a new program they are starting a "valet" where you can just drop off the kids at the front entrance and someone will take them to the daycare and then you can park your car, etc so I won't have to deal with the stroller which is always a fiasco.

I wasn't sure how the kids would do in daycare since they are always with me. They recommended that I try it for only 30 to 45 minutes so I took a cardio class called BODY ATTACK & my body feels like it's been attacked. I'm definitely way out of shape - I was dying. My arms are definitely going to be sore b/c she made us do a ton of push-ups. I only stayed for 45 minutes b/c they daycare recommended not to leave them a full hour the first time. Anyway...the kids did FANTASTIC. Luca actually didn't want to leave and started crying when I put his coat on! I was more worried about him than Olivia. The ladies were all really nice and they definitely gave the kids lots of attention and there was about 5 women in the daycare. I am looking forward to taking a dance fusion class tomorrow night - I might just take Luca since Corey will be home. I would love to keep this going especially in the summer. This place has an outdoor pool and the daycare will watch the kids for up to 2 hours if they are walking. So I'm hoping to swim in the pool w/o kids then after 2 hours they can play with me in the pool! I'm also reading a book - Twilight. I'm almost half way done with it. Not sure if I'm a fan, I'm just not into fiction books but I guess I'm looking forward to watching the movie as my reward. My goal was to finish it by end of month and it's already the 25th so I have about 7 more days to finish it to reach my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment