Monday, January 4, 2010

Ears Pierced & 6 Month Doc Visit

She's STILL smiling after a rough day today! She's showing off her new earrings!

Sideview of her new earrings. Don't mind her "hat" hair. She wore a hat all day today so she's not having the best hair day.

Nonno and Luca bonding and Nonna cooking in the background.


It was nice to take my mom with me to Olivia's 6 month well visit. Luca spent some quality time with Nonno playing with his trains. I will never schedule an appointment after the holidays again! We ended up at the doctors office for 2 hours! Plus it was during Olivia's naptime but surprisingly, she was still happy until she got all of her shots.

Olivia weighed 17 pounds 8 oz, she was 27" long and her head was 17 1/4"! Once again she fell in the 75th% across the board! Her doc said she can start eating different types of foods every 2-3 days instead of once a week since she's 6 months old. So I will be giving her some butternut squash today and will be making her some applesauce to try later this week, too.

I was glad to find out that my doc office only carries the preservative free vaccines. He asked me if I wanted to give her the flu shot AND the H1N1 which would mean she would have had a total of 5 shots today. Corey and I decided that we don't want to give the kids the H1N1 shot but I did get her regular flu shot. The doc says that has Mercury in it but not even as much as a serving of fish. He gave us the OK to get her ears pierced so we will most likely get them done sometime today.

No comments:

Post a Comment