Friday, January 15, 2010

Dishin' Diva's

So I've been in a really sad mood lately. My old co-worker from Centex and Village Communities husband passed away on Monday. She has two boys 8 and 10 years old. When the boys came home from school they couldn't find their dad who was always home when they were home. My friend Michele new something wasn't right and called 911. The paramedics found him and it was too late. He wasn't sick it just happened so suddenly. It breaks my heart for her especially for her two boys. I just can't even imagine what she will be going through and how tough it will be for them for a while. I just wish there was something I could do to help her. I know if Corey ever leaves for a trip just for a day or two I feel so overwhelmed! I can't imagine not having him around at all! It just makes you think how life is so precious and ANY of your loved ones can go anytime. It's so sad. Plus, watching the news about Haiti hasn't been helping. I can't even imagine what those people are going through. I can't imagined being buried alive under all that rubble. WE are all so fortunate.

I guess having my moms group helps a lot and it has helped my mood alot. I hosted a Dishin' Diva's night which is a new thing we are going to try. We all want to swap recipes so every month someone demonstrates how to make a dish and shares the recipe. Everyone also brings a dessert, appetizer, wine or salad so it's a full course meal. It definitely helped my mood - friends, food and good conversation. I was so busy that I only took 2 pics and wished I would've taken one of the final meal and a pic of all of us! I made linguine in a white cream sauce with asparagus and portabello mushrooms. Thanks Mary for the recipe....it was a hit! :) Now off to a funeral...ugh!

Putting Kelly and Alyssa to work!


I made Kelly do all the cooking since she says she needs to learn how to cook. Her husband Mark does most of the cooking so I was trying to show her how easy it is to cook. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment