Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! 2010

I can positively say that 2009 was a fantastic year! We celebrated Luca's 1st Bday, we sold our house that we lived in for 7 years without having to list it, we built our dream home that has been my goal for several years, Corey paid off his car so we both don't have car payments, and I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl that I've always wanted! It was a great year, definitely one of my best! I am looking forward to another great year in 2010!


Corey and I had no plans for New Years this year! This is the 1st time I'm not pregnant for New Years in two years. We ended up making last minute reservations to Sushi Rock in the Short North. It was a nice dinner and I had some great "Flirtini's" my new favorite drink! Corey and I reminisced on how we celebrated New Years Eve in 2000. I remember everyone thinking that all the power was going to go out - I have to say I was a little nervous, myself. We actually celebrated the New Year with my family at the Italian American Club. It's one of those places where you get all dressed up and they have a band, dinner, and open bar. Corey was nervous to kiss me in front of my parents so we gave eachother a small, quick peck on the lips. Then someone popped open a champagne bottle and the cork hit Corey in the head! I can't believe that was 10 years ago!

I had to take some last minute pics before we left. We had to wake up Olivia at 9pm for her last feeding since she slept through it at 8 - she sure loves to sleep. Luca was in bed at 8 so he wasn't able to make it in any pics.

Here are my lovely babysitters.

My mom has been great! She made homemade lasagna with homemade noodles, calamari and salad! Yum. I love to not have to cook.

Olivia is getting ready for the big football game today. OSU is in the Rosebowl today.

Nonno is trying to get her to walk - WAY TO EARLY! Not going to happen. Luca didn't start walking until one week before his 1st Bday and I am ok with her not walking until then. Once they are mobile it doesn't get easy.


Corey and I usually talk about what our goals are for the New Year. I honestly have no idea what goals I have because I am so happy where I am at and I have crossed off all the goals I've had for myself like having 2 wonderful kids, a beautiful home, a good husband, and just being happy. I truly believe that after Corey and I watched The Secret several years ago it has dramatically changed my life. I used to be a pessimist and always focused my energy on the negative. After watching the Secret I am much more grateful for the things I have and started to envision all the positive things I want in life which all have come together. I guess my goal is to continue to believe in the philosophy of the Secret and to continue to live my life that way for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment