Monday, December 28, 2009

Nub Nu!

I love my kids! I am so fortunate to have such happy, healthy, beautiful children. I love this stage because Luca is so affectionate - he is constantly hugging and kissing us we love it! He now can say"Nub Nu" for I love you! Olivia is also at an age that I love. She is so content sitting up by herself and playing with toys. She's starting to reach for the toys that are far away from her and with anything she puts the toys in her mouth. She's really starting to drool a lot. Her shirt was soaked today which makes me wonder if she will start to get some teeth. Luca didn't cut his 1st tooth until 1 week before his 1st Bday!


Olivia's doc recommend that when we start foods to have her try one orange veggie a week. Last week was carrots which she seemed to like. This week she started sweet potatoes and so far so good. Next week will be squash.

Luca looks like such a big boy here. It's incredible how much he's saying now. He knows most of his body parts that we had to start teaching him his muscles...just ask him where his biceps are and he'll show you! Thanks again Jes and Ante for their adorable outfits they fit them perfectly!

The entire fam is back in Michigan. Even though I love the company and all the help it's also nice to have the house to ourselves. I was trying to talk my parents into moving to Cbus. I think it's a no go. They are talking about selling their house in Florida and staying back in MI full time since my sister and Chris will be adopting very soon. Since my parents are going to have more grandkids they want to be around for it. With the economy the way that it is in Michigan I don't think they'll have a chance of selling their home. They had it on the market for 3 years and no offers and hardly any showings. I think they should rent it, sell the house in Florida and move to Cbus.

I also wish my sister would move here, too but since Chris' parents company is in Monroe they will always live there. As for my brother, he's thinking about moving to NYC. He loves it there and he's very close to our cousins who live there. I hope it works out for him. It would be nice to have my family here though. I miss Sunday dinners with the family and it would just be nice to have some company and of course FREE BABAYSITTERS! When my parents were here Corey and I saw a movie together, we went grocery shopping together and went to the mall all in one week. It has been a while since we've been together alone without the kids for that long of a time. My parents made the kids food, they bathed them, and they put them to bed...it was great!

I grew up with just my parents and my sister and brother. All of my grandparents passed away before I was born except for my Nonna (my moms mom). She died when I was 10 or 11. She lived in New York so I only remember her a handful of times and when she started to get sick she lived in Italy. I think it would be great to have the kids around my parents so they can learn the Italian language and culture. I'm hoping to keep trying to talk them into it. It would be great to have my family here especially since I don't have a lot of memories with my grandparents and I wish I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment