Uncle Leo & Olivia
The Christmas Eve dinner -the menu included the following:
Appetizers: Shrimp Cocktail, Mozzerella, tomato and Basil, Salami & Olives
Main Course: Beef Tenderloin, Cheesy Potatoes, salad, arancini, artichoke leaves and spinach.
Dessert: Corey made homemade Peppermint Ice Cream and Leo brought the Red Velvet Cake
We even had a surprise visitor that came to our house! Luca was so confused...this Santa had an Italian accent just like Nonno's. Hmmmmm?
Table setting.
Decorations
It makes me so sad everytime I set the table with my good china that I don't have my beautiful crystal wine, water, and champagne glasses. They made the table look so awesome but now I just have my set of 7 everyday wine glasses (broke one already). Oh well!
Nonno and Olivia
Zia, Chris, and the kids.
What I love about having a new family is we get to start our OWN traditions! Growing up, I remember always going to midnight mass then after church we would come home and open up our gifts. I just remember being so tired and after opening up all the gifts and toys we had to go to bed. What we are starting is to go to Mass at 4pm then having a nice Xmas Eve dinner with the family. We will open up Xmas gifts on Xmas morning in our pj's and we'll eat Monkey bread (a tradition from Corey's family) for breakfast.
We were ready for mass today and we even arrived at church at 3:40 and the place was packed. People were standing so I said there is NO way we can stand during the entire mass with 2 little ones so we decided to leave. Not sure how that tradition is going to work now but at least it gave us plenty of time to take some pics before dinner!
Nonna an Olivia
Nonna and Luca
The Cinquemani Family all staying at our house. I wish they all lived in Columbus. ;(
My family
Even though I am almost back to my pre-pregnancy with Olivia weight - some days I am under some days I am over....it's just not consistent. My goal is to be my pre-Luca weight but I was VERY excited that these old work pants fit me. Yes, they were a little snug but I was able to button a size 0 pants so I am happy with that! Merry Christmas to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment