Friday, July 22, 2011

1st Day of Official Potty Training = Success!

Celebrating Olivia's Poo Poo in the potty!!!


So today is the day we decided to go full force potty training. Since the weather is so humid out we figured this might be a good time to stay indoors for 3 days. The Baby Center "Potty train your kid in 3 day" recommends staying home for 3 days with their program which worked for Luca so I figured I'd use it on O. I couldn't have been happier. This little girl will go potty on demand! She went 8 out of the 9 times today! She only had one accident and it was while she was eating lunch. Corey thinks she spilled her soup on her but I thought she went potty - but if he was right then she went 8 out of 8 times!! :) Our only challenge today was #2 but eventually she did it. She told us she needed to go poo poo and would sit on the potty and then would chicken out. She even asked, and looked in the drawer, for her diaper. Olivia, Luca and I were hanging out in the bathroom for about a half an hour since I knew she had to go, they were combing my hair and I was trying to teach them the day of the week. Then I noticed Olivia took her baby and put the baby on the potty and said that the baby needed to go poop. Then we pretended the baby pooped and I told Olivia that the baby would get a sucker. After that, she decided on her own to go on the potty and poop! I did a cartwheel I was so happy! I sure hope tomorrow will be as good as it was today. Wish us luck!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment