My friend Jackie came over this weekend and we made 4 batches of waffles and pancakes! Corey recently bought a deep freezer from one of the teachers he works with for $30 and it's HUGE! My friend Jackie has really taught me a lot about how to read the ingredients that are in the foods we buy. I never really thought about it or looked at some of the stuff we eat - it's awful. Basically, she said if you can't draw the ingredient then it's probably not good for you. We eat so much stuff with chemicals and preservatives in them no wonder why so many Americans have cancer. It's super hard to make everything fresh but I really want to try to take the time to make more homemade stuff for my family. There is no way we can go cold turkey on the stuff we buy but things like Eggo's and even pancake mixes have things like "pyridoxine hydrochloride" what the hell is that and why am I giving this to my son to eat? I even look at the formula I give Olivia and feel bad that I didn't give her wholesome breastmilk. I just want to make a more conscious effort on what we are eating and hoping that we can start some better habits. I'm looking forward to the book Jackie bought me written by Jillian - the coach on The Biggest Loser. It was so sweet, Jackie bought me the book and bought Luca a valentine monkey and Olivia a valentine teddy. We are going to bring Ms. Jackie some homemade valentine cookies and treats for her since she was so generous. I hope she doesn't read this! ;)
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Music Class
I took Luca & Olivia to another music class today with the moms group. I think they love music classes but it's so hard for me to take both of them especially when they want you to sit down and stand up and do things like getting your kids to clap their hands and follow directions - kind of hard when you have a baby in one arm and you're trying to get your toddler to pay attention. I think I need to enroll them on the weekend so I can have Corey help b/c by the end of the class I was exhausted and I just wanted to leave. They also have separate classes for different age groups so that might work, too. They did a story time at the end and brought out the blanket for the kids to sit on but one of the boys laid on his belly and they all decided to lay down.

My friend Jackie came over this weekend and we made 4 batches of waffles and pancakes! Corey recently bought a deep freezer from one of the teachers he works with for $30 and it's HUGE! My friend Jackie has really taught me a lot about how to read the ingredients that are in the foods we buy. I never really thought about it or looked at some of the stuff we eat - it's awful. Basically, she said if you can't draw the ingredient then it's probably not good for you. We eat so much stuff with chemicals and preservatives in them no wonder why so many Americans have cancer. It's super hard to make everything fresh but I really want to try to take the time to make more homemade stuff for my family. There is no way we can go cold turkey on the stuff we buy but things like Eggo's and even pancake mixes have things like "pyridoxine hydrochloride" what the hell is that and why am I giving this to my son to eat? I even look at the formula I give Olivia and feel bad that I didn't give her wholesome breastmilk. I just want to make a more conscious effort on what we are eating and hoping that we can start some better habits. I'm looking forward to the book Jackie bought me written by Jillian - the coach on The Biggest Loser. It was so sweet, Jackie bought me the book and bought Luca a valentine monkey and Olivia a valentine teddy. We are going to bring Ms. Jackie some homemade valentine cookies and treats for her since she was so generous. I hope she doesn't read this! ;)
My friend Jackie came over this weekend and we made 4 batches of waffles and pancakes! Corey recently bought a deep freezer from one of the teachers he works with for $30 and it's HUGE! My friend Jackie has really taught me a lot about how to read the ingredients that are in the foods we buy. I never really thought about it or looked at some of the stuff we eat - it's awful. Basically, she said if you can't draw the ingredient then it's probably not good for you. We eat so much stuff with chemicals and preservatives in them no wonder why so many Americans have cancer. It's super hard to make everything fresh but I really want to try to take the time to make more homemade stuff for my family. There is no way we can go cold turkey on the stuff we buy but things like Eggo's and even pancake mixes have things like "pyridoxine hydrochloride" what the hell is that and why am I giving this to my son to eat? I even look at the formula I give Olivia and feel bad that I didn't give her wholesome breastmilk. I just want to make a more conscious effort on what we are eating and hoping that we can start some better habits. I'm looking forward to the book Jackie bought me written by Jillian - the coach on The Biggest Loser. It was so sweet, Jackie bought me the book and bought Luca a valentine monkey and Olivia a valentine teddy. We are going to bring Ms. Jackie some homemade valentine cookies and treats for her since she was so generous. I hope she doesn't read this! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Joanna! I nominated you for a blogging award...go visit my blog!
ReplyDelete