Friday, August 5, 2011

Rice-A-Roni A.....

SAN FRANCISCO TREAT!!!

When Corey and I went to Las Vegas last year, the flight was overbooked and they asked passengers that they would give vouchers if someone took the next flight which was only an hour or two difference in wait so we took the vouchers but didn't realize they expired after a year.  So we didn't have a vacation planned and we didn't know what to do with them so Corey suggested that I go to visit my dear friend, Georgia, for a few days and I jumped on the opportunity! Fortunately, Georgia was available and very open to the idea which is another reason to add to my list why Georgia is such a great friend!! :)


Here is Georgia and Demetria (Georgia's sister) who also came an hour away to meet us which was sweet!  It was great to see her!

 I've never been to San Francisco before.  Georgia took me all over the city.  This is just a picture of the beautiful view and it's also Lombard Street which is a famous curvy street.
 I love that San Francisco is such an environment friendly city.  I really feel like all cities should follow their lead.  Georgia also told me that the city is 7 Miles by 7 Miles.  So the entire city is 49 square miles...interesting!
 More pics of Lombard Street

 We've been looking into getting Ivy to cover our retaining wall but I like this flower-tree much better than Ivy.  I wonder what it's called?
 The end of Lombard Street.
 Georgia and I
 What I loved about San Fran is that I noticed that there wasn't a lot of Franchises like McDonalds, Krispy Kremes, Olive Gardens, etc.  They seemed to have a lot of unique and authentic restaurants and bakeries which I love.  I had a snap of pic of all these sweet treats that looked delish!  But, I didnt' stop in because you'll see why in a few more pics...
 Georgia asked me what I wanted to do and since I've never been to San Fran the only thing I could think of was to go on the trolley?  So here I am!  We also had a mani/pedi, had a great dinner at a sushi place that had THE BEST Hummus I ever ate - it had edamame in it, we also wen to a famous burger place and it's probably so famous b/c they were great burgers, we went to china town, Italian Village and Castro.  San Fran felt a little like NYC but cleaner and less crowded but it also felt a little like Milan with the views and mountains, it was beautiful.
 One thing about San Fran is that there are a lot of hills and they are really steep.  You can't really tell by this pic but it was a steep road.  My butt and legs were definitely sore by the end of the trip.
 And this is why I never bought anything in that bakery...we new we were going to Ghiradelli Square that day.
 It was a nice change that it was a little chilly out after being in such hot and humid Ohio weather the past few days.
 Ready to dig in!
 OMG this was the best Peanut butter and Chocolate Sundae I've ever eaten!  To die for!

Georgia also took me on a wonderful hike near the Golden Gate Bridge.  It was a great hike and we had a great talk.  Unfortunately, it was foggy that day so i didn't get any good pics but that's ok because the quality time with Georgia meant more to me than the view!  So Georgia, if you're reading this, thank you so much for having me and for the amazing time!  Keep that positive energy going and you will get everything you want in life! ~XOXO


And here is a pic that Corey sent me on my phone while I was gone. I guess this is what happens to Olivia's hair when Mommy's not home for 4 days! :)  It meant so much to me that Corey suggested that I go on this trip.  I was having a rough week with the potty training because Olivia decided that she didn't like to poop on the potty and was holding it in and getting herself constipated which meant she was miserable, whiny and we were constantly on the potty and I couldn't figure out how to get it out of her even though she really needed to go.  Or, she would just wait until naptime/bedtime to poop.  So I really just needed to get away because I was beginning to lose my patience.  Corey did an amazing job and put a chart up while I was gone if she pooped in the potty she would get a star, after 4 stars he would buy her a woody figurine (She loves Woody from Toy Story 3).  She did it with no problems and had ZERO accidents the entire week! Corey was telling me she was so grateful when she got Woody. She kept saying "Thank you, Papa" and on the way home he kept hearing her give Woody kisses and saying thank you! Luca also was her cheerleader and would tell her "pooping is fun!" or "pooping will make your belly feel better." So since he helped he he got a buzz light year figure, too.  He also told her "I'm proud of you and Buzz Light year is proud of you, too!"

1 comment: