Monday, August 29, 2011

Luca's 1st Day of Pre-School Movement!

Luca was pretty excited to go back to Ms Julia's class. Apparently, they changed the name from Extended Movement to Pre-School Movement. When I dropped him off Olivia was upset and wanted to stay with Luca. Ms. Julia told us that since Olivia is potty trained she can start the Tuesday class for 2 and 3 year old kids, (while Luca is in the 3 to 4 year old class on Monday's) so I am going to give it a try and see how she likes it tomorrow. She normally has separation-anxiety, so I'm hoping she'll like it!


Luca looks so big in these pictures. I just can't get over that he's a little boy and no longer my baby boy. I was commenting to Corey how big he looks in these pictures and he pointed out that probably because his shorts are an 18 to 24 Month size which makes his legs look really long! ;)


Each week of class they go over a letter of the alphabet, starting with A, and we have to cut a picture out of a magazine of something that starts with that letter. Sadly, the only magazines we have in our house are Lacrosse, Home Improvement, and Victoria Secret Magazines so I had to get creative and just print off something online for him to bring. Last year I sent his flashcards, but this year they want to keep it to put in an alphabet book to go over at the end of the year.


The teacher will give us an agenda of what they did for the day for each class as we pick up their craft they made.  I always ask him in the car what he did.  He told me that he told Ms. Julia that his word was Apple and that he had animal crackers and cheese crackers for a snack.  For some reason he thinks that's an important part of the day...what he ate for the snack that they provide!  But he also told me he made two new friends, Luke and Kate.  I noticed there was a girl named Olivia in his class, too b/c the Mom called her Livy but she spells it Alivia.  There were about 8 kids in the class which is great.  They did a craft which was to glue construction paper scraps into the 1st letter of his name.  They also made the shape of the letter using their bodies and he showed me an L by using his thumb and pointer finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment