Saturday, January 29, 2011

Strep Throat!

As I had mentioned earlier this week. Luca had a fever on Monday and Tuesday, then he was fever free Wednesday and Thursday. We noticed Luca had 2 pimples on his chin and didn't think anything of it but he kept picking at it. Thursday it seemed to spread and when he woke up on Friday he had about 12 pimples on his face. I called the doctors office, thinking it was chicken pox except it was only on his face and no where else. Thankfully, they were able to squeeze Luca in for an appointment. Corey was feeling sick on Wednesday with a sore throat and I was hit by it on Thursday night.

Luca was so good at the doctors office.  His doctor, Dr. Rob, always shakes my hand when he comes into the room and Luca stuck his hand out like he wanted to shake his hand, too.  So of course, Dr. Rob shook his hand.  Dr. Rob told Luca that he noticed he's got a Birthday coming up, and Luca said "Yep, March."  Then Dr. Rob asked him "How old are you going to be?"  Luca held up three fingers and said "Three!"  When they had to do a swab of Luca's throat, Dr. Rob told me that the kids typically don't like this but we have to do it to see if he had strep.  Luca opened his mouth and said Ahh and let him swab his throat.  I was so proud and Dr. Rob was pretty impressed! 




Luca was diagnosed with Impetigo which is a bacterial infection on the face caused by Strep throat. If you notice it's around his chin and nose, so when he licks his lips and rubs his nose the bacteria gets on his face which causes Impetigo. The doc told me to bring Olivia in, too, because strep is so contagious that she probably had it,  which she did. Corey and I also got checked at the Minute Clinic and we were tested positive for Strep throat. So we are all sick but at least we are all prescribed antibiotics and should be on the mend soon!



Since I like this blog to be positive, I will post some fun pictures that Luca took. He LOVES to take pictures and he's getting better at it, too! So these are silly photos of us that he took earlier in the week. Hopefully by the end of this blog it will make you smile even though I know all of you are feeling really bad for us!

I love that he took a picture of his feet.  It's so fun to see what pictures he took when I get the camera. 

Now this was taken today. For a 19 month old with Strep Throat she sure has a lot of energy!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you all are on your way to getting better. I can't believe the pimples on his face. At least the kids are in good spirits playing while they are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blech. Sick babies are not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the Andres clan feels better soon !

    ReplyDelete