Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

It's amazing that this time last year I was about 12 weeks pregnant with Olivia and was able to share the news with my family and friends! Last year, Luca was able to eat the Thanksgiving meal...I just put it in a food processor since he wasn't able to chew on foods yet...he was only 8 months old. Olivia didn't really get to try any Thanksgiving food...next month she will get to try some veggies!

Traveling with 2 kids is definitely difficult. We went to Zia's and Uncle Chris' house for Thanksgiving this year. We planned on staying there from Wednesday until Friday. The car was jam packed for a 2 day/night trip with Pack N' Plays, toys, excersaucer, diapers, you name it, we brought it! We planned on taking the kids during their nap time hoping they would sleep in the car. We even took Luca to Graeters before we left so he could play for 2 hours and hoped it would wear him out. He fell asleep right as we crossed the Michigan border. Ten minutes later, we arrived and he woke up. Fortunately, Olivia slept but when Luca started screaming she would just stare at him. She was a little angel and took 3 naps throughout the trip.







Luca was so interested in Zia's dog, Bear (which confuses him because now he calls all dogs "Bear"). He also loved playing with their mean cat Mossimo (Luca calls him "MO") who doesn't like anyone and actually growls instead of hisses. Luca thought it was funny when Mossimo would swat at him and growl.

Dinner was great, Mary and Chris did a wonderful job making all the food...we made the apple pie, it's starting to be a tradition that we make this pie...3 years in a row. Immediately after eating we decided to go straight home. I was exhausted chasing Luca around and nervous that one of the animals was going to eat him. Plus, Luca doesn't sleep well in his pack n play and wouldn't take any naps so I was ready to go home. Once again, I didn't take any pics because I was chasing Luca and telling him "NO MO". Zia & Uncle Chris took pics and I'll post as soon as they send them to me. They actually took some great ones of Luca hugging Bear...I really think he misses Bianca. One of his first words was "Ba Ba" for Bianca. Sometimes, I miss her too but Luca can definitely breath a lot better without her here.

No comments:

Post a Comment