Monday, January 28, 2013

Conferences

We had Luca's school conference this morning and he's doing wonderful at school!  His teacher told us that we should be proud!!  Luca does very well at circle time.  He's so attentive that he's always scooting up closer and closer to the teachers.  He participates, comprehends during story time, has a great attention span, is respectful, has good manners, gets along with all the kids, loves share (which is show and tell), follows directions, knows his sequencing, numbers, alphabet, can write his name in upper and lower case, can rhyme, takes turns well and is READY for.... kindergarten!  :)  She said that he is very close buds with Donovan, which we knew this because Luca talks about him all the time and says that Donovan is his best friend in class.  They did say that he depends on him a lot and will say something like "I need to stand next to Donovan"when lining up, etc.  They didn't see this as a problem because they play and getting a long so well.  She said that she HAD to write something he needed to improve on and that was the only thing they could think of.  I asked her if there was anything we could do or talk to him about at home so he wouldn't be so dependent on Donovan but she said  there was nothing we could do and it's nothing to be concerned about and that they were doing things in the class like making sure they aren't seated next to each other during circle and snack time. Overall he's doing excellent and I'm happy with his report!


Olivia also had an excellent report as well!  They just LOVE having her in class.  They told me she is always so happy.  She loves to participate and asks good questions.  They said she had a great attention span during circle time and she could go longer than what they allot for which is great.  They said she expresses herself really well. She gets a long with everyone in class.  They said she especially likes to play in the house/kitchen area and she likes to serve everyone cupcakes. :)  Sounds a little like her Mommy! ;)  They also mentioned that Owen will save her a seat during snacktime and will say to her, "Olivia, I saved you a seat!"  How cute! 

We really like the pre-school, TUMPS, that they are attending but now that Luca will be starting kindergarten in the fall we are thinking we are going to put Olivia in Grandview's pre-school.  She would be a peer mentor and it just makes sense because Corey, Luca and Olivia will all be in the same school.  I asked the teachers if they thought she would do ok going from 2 days a week to 5 days a week and they said they think she would be great and that she would be a perfect peer model.  Now we just hope she gets in, there are only 8 spots (which is good b/c it's a very small class) but it's 1st come first serve once they send out the registration! So as soon as I receive the packet I am filling it out and taking it to the post office the same day!I have to mail it, but I would prefer just hand delivering the application especially since our mail doesn't come until around 5pm everyday. Wish us luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment