Thursday, January 3, 2013

Let it Snow...for real this time!! :)

I have to catch up on my blogging because I've been out of town and with a sick kiddo! It snowed here in Columbus so the kids FINALLY get to use their snowboots we bought them last year that they never got to use and their sleds, too!
They just love sledding!  I have to say I am so proud of Luca.  He has really been getting better at reading.  For a while he's been able to spell out three letter words and the other day I wrote down 4 letter words and he's usually intimidated and says "those are too hard" but I bribed him with a mini marshmallow for every word he could read.  He earned 10 marshmallows and I told him I'd give him 5 marshmallows if he could read a sentence and he did!  "The cow was in the barn." He also read "Luca can read."  Then the next day he was writing on his new art easel and he wrote "Luca can red"  even though he spelled read wrong, I am so proud of him!!!!
This was the 1st day that we had of snow.  You'll see as I post more pics that we got more.
I love that we have a hill right in our side yard!  The only bad thing is they go so fast they can go right into the street, but Corey has taught them how to stop themselves so they are getting better.
She LOVES sledding so much! I have been trying to work on the sounds of the letters with Olivia.  She knows some but not all.  I will keep working with her to get her to learn more.  We also played hide n' seek and was surprised that she was able to count to 30.  She does skip 2 numbers in her teens, but Luca did that, too.  She also was signing Xmas cards and it was so cute because she would write her name and she also wrote "baby" and i was shocked that she sounded it out and knew how to spell most of it.
WEE!
Let's do it again!
This was a Christmas Eve pic that I never posted of our Elf, Buddy.  This was his last day so he was silly and put some Christmas lights in the kitchen and was hanging upside down.  The kids got a kick out of it! Luca started crying b/c he accidentally touched Buddy and if you touch Buddy he loses his magic.
Christmas Eve pic

Luca asked me to take this picture of him like this...um ok?
This is when we got more snow and they were making snow angels.
My poor baby, this was before we went to Michigan and she was all healthy.  Then she got the nasty stomach bug the day after we celebrated Christmas with my family, we left the kids with my parents because they just love staying at Nonno and Nonna's house and we just love getting a little break.  Olivia ended up getting the bug about a day later.  My poor Mom was up with her from 10pm until 6am because she kept vomiting in bed. :(  My Mom changed the sheets 3 times that's how sick she was.
I was hoping Luca wouldn't get it, and so far (knock on wood) he hasn't gotten it.  Olivia called me when she was sick and she was so upset because she threw up all over her 2 babies (one of her favorite babies that she carries everywhere and her brand new baby she got from Santa.  She was very upset about it and told me that her babies got her sick.)
More snow angels. 
Luca asked me during dinner today what Nonno and Nonna looked like when they were our age.  I told him we would show him pictures and that they had less wrinkles and Nonno's hair wasn't so gray.  He asked us if we were going to get old.  I told him that everyone gets older and that he was going to turn 5 which is older than 4 in March.  He said "I don't want you to get old, I'll be sad."  So cute.
My little dare devil.

They were all giving me the grinch face. 
I'm so excited that I'm finally using our NEW computer we got.  Our old one was soo soo slow especially with editing pictures it would literally take me hours.  These pics downloaded instantly on the blog which normally takes several minutes.  So excited to have a faster and quiet computer finally!!

No comments:

Post a Comment