Monday, April 25, 2011

Potty Time!

Today as I was running Olivia's bath and getting her undressed she told me "I need to go pee pee in the potty." So I put her on the potty and she went!!!  I was so proud of her that she could feel she needed to go and communicated it to me.  While we were in Michigan, we would put her on the potty and she would sit on it which is very good but she wouldn't go, but as soon as we put her in the tub she would go and would say "I go potty!"  These are all good signs that she's getting ready but I don't think I'll be ready until this summer.  It takes lots of time and patience so I think I will wait a couple more months for that.

Olivia and Luca both hate getting their hair wet which is a huge challenge b/c bathtime just isn't so fun anymore.  It used to be so fun b/c they were so happy during bathime and would play and splash and now I dread it b/c they refuse to get their hair wet and try to get out of the bathtub when we do get their hair wet.  It's very frustrating and I hope this passes very quickly. 

Olivia is talking really well and in full sentences.  This morning when she woke up she said "I want to see the bunny rabbit, where's Nonno and Nonna?"  I could tell she missed them this morning.

1 comment: