Friday, February 25, 2011

Rusted Root!

My friend Jenelle asked me if I liked Rusted Root and it brought back memories at UT when we used to listen to their songs like "Ecstasy" and "Send me on my way."  You've got to google those songs they are great! She told me the lead singer was coming to a local bar in Grandview (5 minutes from me) on a Thursday - which is my Moms Night Out day. So I said Heck ya, I'll go! It was perfect!  My friend Kara, on the left, was just on TV this past week on Lifetime for the show One Born Every Minute.  Her episode was so cute!

Kara, Jenelle, Me & Kelly

Even though I was very excited to go, It's been a while since I've been to a bar with a band so I was a little apprehensive. I was expecting a large crowd, younger drunk obnoxious people but I was wrong, there were actually a lot of older people and A LOT of hippies which they were just high, happy and dancing!  They were harmless!  I was so excited that we got to take a picture with, Michael Glabicki, the lead singer.  I had a great time.
We should've just asked a hippy to take a pic of all of us, but I think we were so excited none of us weren't thinking! Oh, here's a fun new thing I learned at the bar yesterday.  Some guy order a shot called "The Lindsey Lohan."  The bartender asked him what was in it and he said "It's a red headed slut with a shot of coke!"  Made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment