Eating their banana pancakes.
I like him when he's happy which is usually when he eats! :)
Olivia played with both of her babies today. Maybe Santa should've brought her a double stroller?
She kept saying "2 babies!" She does have a favorite one that she has to take a nap with.
Breakfast: This morning I really didn't feel like battling with the kids so I just gave them their banana pancakes which is something I know they will eat. They each both ate 3 pancakes and some milk. I took them to the gym with me and afterward I needed to go to Target to return a couple of things. Olivia had a meltdown the entire car ride from the gym to Target (because I didn't give her goldfish). Once we got to Target I just really needed to return the items and she was still screaming on top of her lungs. She wouldn't even sit in the cart, I was carrying her - so I was exhausted b/c I just got done working out and I carried her while pushing a cart with Luca in it (which is not easy to do). Everyone in Target was staring at us because Olivia was screaming so loud. I gave her goldfish - I gave in! I was tired, embarrassed & I just wanted her to not scream anymore. Since they both were eating their goldfish it gave me some time to walk around Target - they really didn't eat a lot of goldfish (they split half of cup) and they ate them all so I bought raisins and let them eat it in the store. They each had three little boxes of it.
For lunch, I made my Italian version of mac and cheese - orzo, with chicken bouillan, a wedge of laughing cow cheese & some Parmesan. They ate it all and ate their yogurt. So far, today was a good eating day, but I also gave them the things I know they will eat.
Snack: I offered the kids a snack, after their "nap"( that they both did not take), clementines. Luca didn't want any and Olivia ate 2!
Dinner: I made chicken quesadillas. I personally like green peppers and onions in mine and Luca and Corey don't like it so I just made theirs with just cheese and chicken. Olivia ate most of hers and Luca opened his quesadilla and ate some of the cheese and that was it. We offered them some fruit and they had 3 small boxes of raisins which is equal to one serving of fruit. I guess after writing this down for 3 days I realize that they'll have some good days and some not so good days. I need to stop stressing and if they are hungry they'll eat what I give them. So no more picky eater postings for me. Sorry if I bored you all with that but it was helpful for me to write it down and realize maybe their not as bad as I think?
Here's a positive story today.When we were leaving the gym daycare this morning Luca asked me "Can she come home with us?" He was referring to one of the workers in the daycare. It makes me feel really good that they both enjoy the daycare there and all the women treat them so well. Everyone knows their names and always comments on how good they are.
I'm glad they ate for you today. Have you thought about trying pediasure?
ReplyDeleteJoanna, don't stress. Next month they may decide they hate raisins and bananas. They are phases and as long as you offer the variety and they taste it you are fine. I ate the same thing EVERYDAY when we were in second grade. Egg salad sandwiches. I lived. As long as you are not feeding them Oreos or fruit snacks as meals, you are great. If they are healthy and growing, don't worry.
ReplyDelete