Saturday, January 11, 2014

New Baby

When we were in Michigan celebrating Christmas 3 weekends ago, Olivia left her baby, Lily, at her cousins house. She was very sad and we had her sleep with her bear and "Big Baby" her original baby. She is not interested in her Bitty Baby that she won a few months ago which is pretty funny because that doll is worth 5xs more than Lily, so glad we didn't pay for Bitty Baby! Anyway, we were at Target and we walked past a bunch of baby dolls and this baby looked just like Lilly but with more hair. At first I let her have it in the cart to play with so I could shop and she usually knows that we give the toy to the cashier and let them know that we are not going to buy it but she BEGGED me this time to buy it. She said I miss Lily so much and she looks just like her. I'm usually good with sticking with my guns but I did feel bad that she didn't have Lily for weeks and she didn't fuss about it much. So I caved in. She was SOOO happy and has been taking such good care of her. She named her Strawberry but I often catch her calling her Lily.
Look at how happy she is.  She was beaming like this the entire day.
The doll even came with a bowl and sippy cup to feed her.  She loves it.
Luca asked me to take a picture of Monk and him in the background.  Then he said "Let me see the picture!  I don't like that I'm blurry!"
So I adjusted my settings and asked him if this would work.  He's still blurry since I focused on Monk but liked this one much better.
Olivia still feeding her baby. She even said "Hold over!"  This baby's formal name is Strawberry Watermelon  Shortcake."  Corey calls her Bob and Olivia thinks its hilarious.
Luca loves close ups and usually is way too close to the camera, i asked him to back up several times and he's still very close but I like how this turned out.
I also like it in color.  Can't believe he will be 6 years old in March! Crazy!  We will be traveling to NYC on his birthday which is cool because his wish on his 5th birthday was to go to Gotham City.  So it will come true. This will be the very 1st time that all of my aunts and Uncles from NYC will meet the kids.  We will also have 2 aunts from Italy that will be there for my cousins wedding so it will be great for my kids to meet them and get some pictures with my family.  They will have fun as my cousin has 4 kids 2 girls and 2 boys around the same age.  I know Luca will get along with them great!
I probably have mentioned before that at school they have clip up or down on the behavioral chart.  Pink is the highest and yesterday he told me that he was on top of Pink which meant he got 2 pieces of candy and he gets to start the next day at blue instead of green.  It makes me so happy that he's such a good kid at school. His reading is becoming more fluent and he's at a level H books (which is 1st grade level)  So proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment