So as I had mentioned in my previous post that I gained 8 pounds from my Mother's cooking, I was very serious! I am the heaviest I have ever been in my life (minus when I had babies in my belly but I don't really count that). I really need to eat and exercise more. I used to be really good about exercising 3-5 times a week until I got super busy in the fall/winter with photography stuff that I was so busy working & being a stay at home mom that I used all my time to edit instead of work out. So sitting in a chair in front of the computer screen for hours probably didn't help with my weight gain. So I am going to try to go on a diet. I'm not good about diets bc I have no control. My entire life (before kids) I was always able to eat whatever I wanted. I never felt guilty for having a cookie or any kind of a treat. What shocks me the most is that I NEVER worked out (before kids). So, I know my weight was lower probably because I didn't have as much muscle. but I also remember eating out for lunch every single day! And when I did go out for lunch I always had soda, and fries nothing healthy like salads or anything. I could eat whatever I wanted. Now, things have changed drastically. I noticed especially after having kids that I would never be able to get to my pre-baby weight of 104 lbs. and I had a 24" waist. I am typically consistently around 110-112. Now I am between 116-118 with a whopping 29 inch waist!!! Everything is tight and I no longer have a muffin top but I have a gut. It's gross and I need to make some changes. I feel like if I write and document everything down it will hold me accountable. I don't think I will be able to take a picture of every meal as some days we are just rushed to get somewhere but I will try my best. So, my goal is to get to 110-108 lbs and I would love to have a 24" waist again. How am I going to do this? I am going to eat healthier more fruits and vegetables and try to cut out sugar, pop, lighter portion control, and more exercise! I was going to start another personal blog to document it all but I didn't! Since I am addicted to pop I am going to let myself have one Coke on Sunday (which just might be a cheat day for me). Wish me luck!
Day #1
Weight 118
Waist 29"
Work Out: Ran 40 Minutes plus 5 Minutes of walking for warm up and cool down 450 Calories Burned. Plus did sit ups and played a Dance Wii game with the kids.
Breakfast. One Egg with spinach & roasted red and green peppers and half a grapefruit.
Lunch: Salad in a lemon and Olive oil dressing with 1/2 can tuna (I normally will eat an entire can and 1/2 can is 1 serving!), black olives and one boiled egg. Triscuit crackers with one serving of cheese and a mandarin orange.
Luca and Olivia saw me take a pic of my food and said "Take a picture of our lunch, too!"
After my workout I had a serving of Pistachios as a snack and I did have ONE yogurt covered pretzels although I really wanted to eat 20! I'm usually STARVING after a workout but tried to drink more water.
Dinner: One serving (4.4oz ) salmon sutffed with spinach and feta and sauteed broccoli rabe and I had half of a pomegranate.
Not bad, I'm sure it would help if I cut out the cheese but I need to start slowly so I don't get too discouraged.
No comments:
Post a Comment