Monday, July 8, 2013

Olivia's Study

I could have swore I posted a blog last year about a market study Olivia was in when she turned 3, but I cannot find it. Ohio States Psychology Department asked her to do the study again at age 4. I personally love market studies because they are so interesting.  They did pretty much the exact same study as last year but the extended it a little bit. I go in a room with a double side mirror with Olivia. They have some toys on the floor that she immediately plays with. A lady comes in with a small paper plate with one M&M and one gummy bear. They ask Olivia which one she would like. She picked the gummy bear and they told her she could also have both. Then a girl comes in and starts playing with her and talks to her. About 5 minutes after playing she puts on this wolf mask. Olivia had the same reaction as last year she froze and looked at me and was a little unsure. She stopped playing. Then the lady takes off the mask and asks if she wants to touch it. Eventually, I get out of the room and they do all types of tests ie to point to a pic that is day and point to a pic that is night. Then they tell her when they say "Day" to to point to the night pic. It's a little confusing for her but she eventually got it. I was so proud of her because this was over a 2 hour study and she did so great! At the very end they bring her a tray with 2 paper plates. One plate has 2 gummy bears on it, the other has 10 gummy bears. They told her that if she could wait until the lady came back she could have the one with 10 gummy bears, but if she couldn't wait she could ring the bell and eat the 2 gummy bears. I was not in the room with her but I watched her the entire time. I could not believe that she patiently waited 15 minutes in a room by herself with no toys or anything and patiently waited to get all 10 gummy's. Such a smart girl!

We also had her 4 year well visit and she was in the 50th percentile for height, weight and BMI.

No comments:

Post a Comment