Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Family Traditions

My Mom keeps me busy when she comes in town. We made 10 batches of pesto sauce, 10 mini loaves of zuchinni bread, and she made a couple of dozen loaves of homemade Italian bread. She's 74 years old and I honestly don't know where she gets the energy!

I remember when I was a little girl and my mom would let me help her make bread. I even remember her blessing the bread (putting a sign of the cross and saying an Italian prayer on the bread) as she is doing with Luca. 
They really enjoyed rolling the bread into different shapes.
Here my mom is braiding the bread.
She's excited about the finished product.
Rolling the bread.
Cutting it!  Yikes that's a big knife, Mom!
He is just beautiful!!! I had to fix his bedhead hair in the middle of him making bread!
Look how excited she is!
You can tell she was proud of herself.
Look at my bread, Mommy!
She got the hang of it! Olivia told me the other day that she wanted to work at Sweet N' Sassy and do hair.  Then she told me that she couldn't have kids because the lady at Sweet N' Sassy didn't have kids.  She also told me she didn't want her belly to be cut open.  I told her that not everyone gets their belly cut when they have a baby.  I told her I didn't get my belly cut!
My parents took Luca to Greaters while I went to workout at the gym.  My Dad told me that Luca told him how to get there.  He also said "My brain is a GPS."

No comments:

Post a Comment