Wednesday, March 27, 2013

5 Year Shots

Luca originally was supposed to get his 5 year shots at his well visit, but since he was sick he wasn't able to get them.  We rescheduled it and it was yesterday.  We thought we prepared him by explaining that he would get a shot so he could go to Kindergarten next year and so he wouldn't get sick.  He remembers how sick he was last week and I think that seemed to help because he didn't like being sick.  I never let him take his precious monkey anywhere because even though we have 3 of the same monkeys, he knows the difference and I don't know what he would do if he lost it. So, he asked if he could bring Monkey to his doctor visit and I said yes.  He did great until they made me hold him down.  He didn't want to lay down, and then he saw the needle and screamed.  I made the appointment at 4pm because Corey is typically home by then and I was hoping he could watch Olivia so she didn't have to witness it.  Well, Corey had professional development day at school so I had to take Olivia.  Olivia saw how scared Luca was and started screaming and crying, too.  You would have thought she got the shot!  She was so upset that Luca got a shot, it was actually sweet.  But not sure if she'll want to go to her 4 year visit in June, now.  Luca was fine after 5 minutes and I told him he could pick out a prize in the dollar section at Target for being so brave.  He got a shovel which ended up being a $3 gift.  He's got expensive taste like me.

Olivia and Luca's last day of school was today for Spring Break.  Olivia's class had an Easter egg hunt.  She was so excited she came home and showed her baby her eggs and wanted her baby to see what was in it.  Luca did not have an Easter Egg hunt at class.  Olivia only got 2 eggs, but she was so sweet that she told Luca "You can have one of my eggs."  She is such a good little sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment