Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pesto Time!

I asked my parents to bring me all their basil since they left for Florida and they have a ton so I could make and stock on Pesto. So I had the kids color and do puzzles while I was working!
All the ingredients! Basil, garlic, almonds (normally pine nuts but I didn't have any and they are pretty pricey anyway), Parmesan cheese, lemon and xtra virgin olive oil.
Put a couple of cloves of garlic and a handful of almonds in food processor.
Add a couple of big handfuls of basil, Parmesan cheese, lemon and salt and pepper.
Add Olive oil until you get a sauce consistency.
Should look like this...
Olivia put about 95% of this puzzle on her own!  She's getting better at puzzles.
All that made 7 batches of pesto. I made one batch for dinner and freezed the rest.  It's great to put on pasta then add shrimp, or chicken or eggplant.  Kids love pasta with pesto and it's super healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment