Luca had his first full day of pre-school today and HE LOVED IT!! He was happy that he had his backpack today to hang up and before he went into the classroom they had name tags for all the kids on a table outside the classroom and he found his name on his own and put it on his shorts and I told him he needed to put it over his heart so everyone could see his name. There are 14 kids in his class and NINE are boys and only 3 girls!
Most people have told me that when they ask their kids what did you do in school their answers are "nothing or I don't know, etc." When I asked Luca he didn't stop talking and told me every little detail! He told me they read a book about a pet balloon cat and how the little girl took care of her balloon pet and then one day it popped. He also was so excited that he was the "Line Leader" and they had to make the rules. He said his rule was no spitting! He said other people made the rule no pushing and no sticking out your tongue and the teacher wrote down all the rules on a piece of paper. He also told me that you have to raise your hand when you want to answer or ask a question. They had cookies and water for a snack that he was very happy about. They also had to color a picture of themselves and I was soo proud of his skills. I looked at the other drawings and his was definitely the most detailed! He drew his hair brown, his eyes (which were blue), he was wearing a red shirt so he colored a shirt red and purple pants even though his were Khaki, and he drew shoes and the best part was he made a heart on his chest and little dots on his hands and he said those were his finger nails. I took a pic on my phone and I just need to upload them which I have never uploaded any of my pics on my phone yet and I have a ton! After he told me this he said I don't want to tell you anymore because I am tired of talking. It was very cute and I'm so proud of him and I am so happy he loved school!
glad Luca loves school. He is such a smart little boy. We love him!
ReplyDeleteWow! That is awesome that he told you all of those details. Last year Anneliese would tell me ONE thing each day, what her favorite thing was but it was never in detail it was either, "playing outside" or "painting". Maybe she will tell me more this year. Go Luca!
ReplyDelete