Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I've been trying to eat a little bit healthier because I would like to lose 5 pounds to get back to my pre-baby weight. Even though I work out 3 to 5x's a week doing cardio, spinning, core and body pump classes I can't seem to lose some of my belly and I guess I need to try to the next step which is to watch what I eat.  So... we've been eating a lot healthier - I didn't realize how much sugar and processed foods I've been eating.  I'm still not eating perfectly but definitely much better.  Anyway, today I made salmon over a bed of salad and I knew the kids wouldn't want any of it so I made them hot dogs and corn on the cob.  Luca said he wanted corn and I told him it was cooking in 'the pan'.  His response was "Uncle Nay Nay lives in Japan."  As we were eating dinner he sneezed and he didn't cover his mouth and Corey told him that he needed to cover his mouth when he sneezes.  He said "horses can't cover their mouths when they sneeze."  He's such a deep thinker, I love it! 

Olivia went in the potty again today! She is getting to be such a big girl! I have been telling her that after her Bday, the Butterfly fairy is going to come and pick up her pacis to give them to the babies and the fairy will bring her back a present.  Her response "NO!"  She is very attached to her paci.  We only let her use it for naptime and bedtime but the past couple of weeks she will go in her room and grab it out of her crib.  I'm hoping it will be an easy transition, I think it will be harder for me than her.  I haven't taken away the paci from her because she is such a good sleeper and napper.  We always put her down and she never cries.  She just sucks on that paci and she's out within minutes.   Now that she's going to be 2 I think she's too old for it.

I have been working on trying to teach Olivia her colors.  She knows purple and green but mostly says every color is green.  Luca did that, too but everything was blue!  I think she'll get it soon!  She still loves to color and carry her baby with her around the house.  Her new favorite movie is Tangled that she got from the Easter Bunny. Luca got another dinosaur from the Easter Bunny to add to his collection.  I need to do my research on dinosaurs so he knows their names.  Right now he knows T-Rex and he calls the other by their color.  Tomorrow I will try to take some more pics of the kids.  I need to show all of you my daughters hillbilly looking teeth, she looks so funny right now, it's cute!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the paci..Cooper was 2 in Oct and still has his for sleeping. Callie was 33 months before hers were mailed to the baby monkeys at the zoo...the paci-fairy didn't work so well. Good luck on it and don't rush it if she is in a tizzy, she is still a baby.

    ReplyDelete