/>I'm so excited that I have to write this down! I changed O's diaper this morning and when I went to put her down for her nap at 1pm I normally will change her diaper and I noticed her diaper was dry!!! I knew she had to go potty since she woke up at 8am and didn't go since then. I told her let's go on the potty. She said no at first but then as soon as she sat on the potty she said "turn water on" which sometimes I do that for Luca to get him going, otherwise I will be standing there all day. But it was so funny that she said that so I turned the water on and she went immediately! I was so happy and started to do the potty dance but she showed no excitement whatsoever, she looked at me like why are jumping around? Luca said "She can wear her princess underwear now!" I told him not yet! She's not even close but this is a good start. I am not going to really officially potty train her but I am going to occasionally do this if she has a dry diaper. I pre-potty trained Luca for about 6 months before we went all out so I'm hoping by this summer she can be diaper - free!
Speaking of diapers, I just got qualified for an in-home diaper study where they come to my house and look at all the baby products we have and then I have to take them to the store where I buy O's diapers. I LOVE market studies!
My moms group does a sale 2x a year where we can sell baby clothes, toys, equipment and normally I participate, but I am very sad because I am going to sell A LOT of baby items...baby car seat, stroller, bathtub, all of their outgrown clothes and anything they no longer use anymore which is a lot of stuff. Why is this making me so sad? I think it just confirms that we are only having two kids, which I'm ok with it but just knowing that we won't ever have any more babies does make me a little sad and well, Olivia just isn't a baby anymore, she's a toddler. Whenever I look at her long lean legs I miss her big fat baby legs. :( Good bye baby stuff! :(
I have a picture of Luca laying exactly like this when he was a baby. I will try to find it so you can see the difference, he's so big now. Makes me want to cry.
I seriously got teary eyed when they were playing with this. They are just growing so fast and it brought back so many memories of them like their first roll was on this mat for both of them, and I remembered how excited I was when they could see the animals and would swat at it, they had a lot of milestones on this thing. I also remember Corey coming home from work when Luca was a baby and Luca would fall asleep on this mat and I told Corey (which it doesn't make sense but Corey understood what I was talking about) "If you want to wake up the baby, then you wake up the baby!" I think I didn't want him to wake him up but Corey wanted to give him a kiss/hug and I knew it was going to wake him up and that's what came out of my mouth.
I was surprised at how much fun they were having with this thing until Olivia grabbed it and started to run with it and then they Luca grabbed it and they had a tug of war fight.
What a big boy! I remember how nervous I was to give him a bath while trying to hold his fragile little head.
And this little girl amazes me everyday. She can count to 11 already! I remember her loving to splash the water in this little bath tub. I'm so not a hoarder, but after today, I can relate to how hoarders feel. It's like letting go of those memories. Sniff, Sniff, but good bye bathtub and baby stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment