Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer Lovin'

Another trip to the zoo! This time we went with the entire family. Corey goes back to work this Friday so we had a family day today. It was fun AND the kids have been both napping at the same time. I think we've finally transitioned Olivia to take one nap now. The trick is to keep her busy all morning and then she's out by noonish.

The last time we were here the tiger was taking a nap. Luca loved seeing the tiger so close-up.

She no longer walks, she runs! I love how she runs with her hands behind her back like she's superwoman or something. She can say lots of words now. She's definitely far ahead with her vocabulary than Luca was at her age. I've always heard that girls learn faster than boys.

I love this sweet face!

And this sweet face, too!

He's getting so big! I'm so proud of him. He's "officially"potty trained in my book. Knock on wood...but we haven't had any accidents in a few days and he now tells us when he needs to go. He's such a sweet little boy. He's always sharing and feeding his sister. He can count to 10 - but not if you ask him if you just listen to him playing. He's also close to knowing his ABC's.

Cooling off in the pool.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see them this weekend. Make sure you bring there bathing suits and they can go swimming in our pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are obviously doing a fantastic job raising them. They are always smiling even when they are next to each other. You are a great mom Joanna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks Chelsey! That's one of the best compliments I've heard in a while! ;)

    ReplyDelete