Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Luca & Olivia's 1st time eating pasta the Sicilian way!

When I was a little girl, I remember my parents canning homemade pasta sauce every summer. My mom would make homemade pasta noodles and they would make a huge thing of pasta and put it on huge wood board and we all would eat it at the picnic table. I guess it's a Sicilian type of tradition and it was so fun. My parents came in town today and did this for the kids. They had so much fun getting messy and they love pasta. It was fun watching them and remembering when my brother and sister and I used to do this, too.


They were hungry!




Eating with a fork like they should until....

My dad showed them the Sicilian way to eat pasta.

They learn fast. :)

Luca even got the "slurping" of the pasta down.

I hope that I can continue this tradition but making homemade pasta and sauce is hard work but it's so good!

1 comment:

  1. I does remind me of back in the day. We have to find the pictures of us eating pasta like that when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete