Monday, August 23, 2010

Michigan Weekend

We went to Michigan this weekend to help my family can tomatoes. Corey took all the pics on his new phone so once he gets a chance to upload them I'll post the tomato extravaganza. My poor dad and brother in law, Chris, hand picked 10 1/2 bushels of tomatoes and we canned nearly 200 jars of tomato sauce.

I was able to spend some time with my niece Gabri. She's gotten so big from the last time I saw her and she's so cute.

Olivia loves giving kisses to her cousin which she calls "Baby."

Nonna and her granddaughters.

Me and Gabri.

Zia holding her 2 favorite girls!

I love this pic of all three of them!

Luca loves to run in my parents backyard. That tree behind Luca is my dads pear/apple tree. my dad was able to make it grow two types of fruits on one tree. He calls himself the "tree doctor."

Olivia eating a pear. I've always taken for granted all the fresh fruits and veggies my parents always grew in their garden. Now that I'm into organic foods I never realized we always grew up eating organic and rarely ate any processed foods. My mom even used to bake her own bread once a month. She'd make enough bread to eat every day and would freeze it.

1 comment: