Since I already took a bunch of 1st Day of Pre-School pics from the 1st school she was at, I decided not to do it all over again, although, I did get 2 pics on my phone of her at Tumps and in her classroom. I STILL haven't figured out how to download the darn things.
Her 1st day on her own without me there on Friday was GREAT! Such a difference from the 1st school. She even said "Mommy, I like this school better than the other school." She was soo detailed about everything she did. She told me they did a science "experience" she meant to say experiment. She told me all about it and what happened. She told me she colored a gingerbread man - self-potrait- (but the silhouette looked like a gingerbread man). She loves that some of her friends from last year are in her class. What's even cooler is that one of our neighbors is in her class. She hit it off with Ashlin at school and even said to me "Wait, I have to tell my friend goodbye." She went to Ashlin and gave her a hug, it was cute. She loves school and is soo excited! I'm so happy that we put her back at Tumps she's definitely needed something more challenging and also the opportunity to play with more kids (15 to be exact rather than 2)! Makes me very happy.
Luca told me that on Friday one of his teachers asked him to help her put some books away and she asked him to read some of his classmates names. He told me she said "You can read!" I think she was doing an assessment on all the kids to see where they are at with reading. I'm so happy he can read. I need to start working with Olivia on reading, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment