I love our grocery store, Giant Eagle. It's the only grocery store that has a little childs area that has lots of arts and crafts, movies, toys, etc that is enclosed and supervised so you can go shopping without the kids. They also give you a walkee talkee in case they need us. I started taking Luca there when he was about 3 1/2 and even though he liked it, sometimes he wanted to shop with us b/c Olivia wasn't allowed because you have to be 3. Well, now that Olivia is three Corey told her that we were going to Giant Eagle and that she gets to go to the Eagles Nest....it was like she won the lottery. She was soo thrilled. She never cried or seemed sad when I would take Luca, I just explained to her that she had to be three and she never questioned it, but I guess she really wanted to go to the Eagles Nest this entire time. It was so nice to be able to not feel rushed at the store because they can only take so much of sitting in the cart or following me around the grocery. Usually, I'm going as fast as I can and now I can relax. It was like Corey and I were on a date b/c we had no kids. I told him we should have lunch or dinner at Giant Eagle (they have a pizza place, sushi, all kinds of gourmet food that you can eat there) and take advantage of free babysitting! :)
As we checked out the kids, they passed out free samples of cotton candy. The kids have never tried it before. Luca took a bite and spit it out and said "this isn't candy, this is toilet paper!" It was so funny. Olivia of course liked it b/c she likes anything sweet. Just had to write this down for Luca's book or I will forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment