Thursday, May 13, 2010

Luca & Learning

I haven't taken any recent pictures but wanted to write this down so I wouldn't forget. This week I've noticed how Luca is noticing emotions. I was reading him his favorite book "Eight Silly Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" and he noticed that the monkeys that fell off the bed were crying. He got sad and said "Monkey Crying." Olivia likes to laugh with Luca and he'll say "Baby Funny!"

I also think it's funny that I've been trying to teach him his PRIMARY colors - blue, green, red, & yellow and it's one thing that he hasn't caught on to yet (he's getting close) but the colors that I haven't worked on with him such as orange, brown and purple are the ones that he knows! I guess I need to just let him learn on his own because the way I'm teaching him it's obviously not working! When he was a baby I really tried to teach him sign language and I kind of gave up. He could sign the basics like milk, more, eat, please and night night. This week he learned how to sign cat, dog, bird, sorry, book, Mamma, and Papa. It's amazing how quickly he's learning - I've noticed that he's catching on to a lot this week. I've also mentioned that he absolutely LOVES puzzles. He could sit down for a good 30 minutes to put his puzzles together and do it over a few times. He definitely gets that from his Papa - Corey loves puzzles.

3 comments:

  1. You'll have to tell me the name of the sign language book you have so I can teach Gabrie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can borrow mine! I can't remember the name but I'll make sure to look at it tomorrow. Olivia's sleeping and it's in her room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did the sign language too and even at 3 Callie still signs please and thank you and more. It is great. Joanna, you are teaching them, that is the important thing, he is just learning it different!!.

    ReplyDelete