Monday, June 24, 2013

Hershey Park!!!

I think it's so awesome that Olivia told us a few weeks before her Birthday that when she was going to blow out her candles she was going to wish to go to "Chocolate City." I think the reason why she said that was because Luca's wish on his Birthday was to go to Gotham City. Olivia loves chocolate so she assumed there was a Chocolate City. Corey and I talked about how we should take them to Hershey Park. Later on, Corey's new employer had an Employee Summit and it was family-friendly and was held at Hershey Park just 2 days after her Birthday so we were all invited! It was soo nice. What is also cool is that my cousin is getting married in March in NYC so Luca's wish will come true, too!


Here we are at the hotel. The sheets even have Hershey Kisses, can you see it?
When we arrived they had a big dinner at the hotel for the employees and the Hershey and Reese Chocolate caricatures were there for the kids. They also had a separate buffet that was kid-friendly foods. It was so reassuring knowing that Corey made the right decision to work for this company.
Olivia was in heaven when they had Hershey Chocolate Cake!
Getting comfy at the Hotel Lobby.  After dinner, they gave us tickets to do a preview of the park from 7pm to 10pm. 
We were waiting for Corey so the kids kept taking pictures of eachother while we were waiting.  Olivia took this one of Luca and I.
Luca took this one of Olivia and I.  I guess I should just have the kids take more pictures so I will be in more of them! :)
The following day they had a breakfast for all the families and then Corey had training from 9am to 3pm and the spouses and kids got tickets for the park.  We've never been to this park and the kids and Corey & I LOVED it. 
They were the perfect age and there was plenty of rides and the lines were not long at all. 
Luca looks like he's getting older.  I still am in shock that he will start in Kindergarten in just a couple of months.
The kids loved all the chocolate guys!
Milk Duds are one of my favorite.
THe kids would spot a character and would say take a picture.  I think they wanted a picture with everyone!
I didn't know Jolly Ranchers were part of Hersheys.
I love this picture.
This one, too.
They had the BEST waterpark.  I like this amusement park because it's always hot when you stand in line, this one had an amazing water park section that was included and there was a lazy river, kiddie wave pools, slides for kids, it was awesome!



The sweetest thing is after the training was over everyone met at the designated area for dinner and they had two cakes one for Olivia and one for a boy named Max who just had a birthday.  Olivia was so happy when about 200 people were singing Happy Birthday to her!


I love this picture! I know we usually make a pretty big deal out of her Birthday every year, but I hope she doesn't think this is normal! :) 
So happy! Luca said "this is the best day ever!"


1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome that they did that for her birthday and that you guys got to go on such a cool trip. What a great company! Congrats again to you and Corey on the new job and the move!

    ReplyDelete