Friday, December 30, 2011

Bye Bye Paci!

We decided it was finally time that Olivia needed to say goodbye to her paci. I knew it was going to be hard but she's a big girl now and shouldn't need it anymore for naps and bedtime. It took her an hour and a half to fall asleep last night for bed but she finally did it. So we took the kids to Build a Bear for the 1st time as a reward for Olivia.

Luca of course picked out a monkey to add to his collection.

Olivia was so excited she was dancing.

About to put the heart in her bear and give it a kiss.

All done!
Time to give the bear a bath!
Brushing the bear.
The pics I have of Luca are all vertical and blogger always gives me problems with vertical pictures so there isn't much of him in here.  But at the end of the process you get to give your bear a Birth Certificate so if you lose your bear someone can return it to the store and they will scan the bar code inside and return it to us.  They said they return 200-300 bears a year!  I asked Olivia what she wanted to name her bear and she said "Teddy Bear."  Corey asked Luca what he wanted to name his bear and he said "Harold?"  We had no idea where he got the name from?  I asked him and he said something about Frosty the Snowman...I'll have to watch it to see but there must be a Harold character in that movie.  Anyway...it was really cute. The lady who stuffed the bears told us that some poeple put the paci in the bear which I thought was a good idea but then Corey said that Olivia probably would've figured out how to rip the bear to get it so maybe not.  My little baby is growing up to be such a big girl!

2 comments:

  1. I should do this with Gariella when it's time to give up the paci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I think Harold is a misfit elf who really wants to be a dentist...

    ReplyDelete