Friday, September 9, 2011

My funny shopping experience story today

Today I stopped at our grocery store, Giant Eagle, and I was with both kids.  Giant Eagle has a kids area called The Eagles Nest for kids 3 and over.  Basically, it's a little daycare with lots of things for the kids to do so you can drop off your kids so you can shop kid-free. I just started taking Luca there this past month even though he's been 3 for the past 6 months I wasn't so sure about dropping him off but after a couple of painful shopping experiences with Luca and Olivia fighting I decided it was time.  He loves it and will ask to go there but 1st he has to get a rainbow cookie from the bakery.  They also give free cookies to kids there, too.  Today, I just had to stop to get a couple of things so I didn't put Luca in the Eagles Nest and lately I have been letting him walk next to me rather than putting him in the cart.  He's been doing really well especially if I let him help me put the groceries in the cart.  It's also a good learning tool for him, for example, I was getting syrup and I said can you pick out the lite syrup with the letter L and he would look around and pick it and put it in the cart and he would always ask me to hold his cookie while he did that.  Anyway, we were putting all the groceries on the belt to check out and the lady in front of us who was checking out was really friendly and asked Luca if he had a Triceratop on his shirt and she bent down to get on his level and I heard a big rip, her pants ripped.  It was hilarious and I couldn't help but laugh (thankfully she laughed with me) but I felt bad for her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment