Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Luca!

Happy Birthday Luca! What a great day it was. When I was little my parents ALWAYS made sure to make me feel so special on my Birthday and I want to make sure to pass that tradition on. We would always celebrate my Birthday with lots of friends, cake, food and fun. . I want Luca to know how important he is to us and how I want to celebrate that he was brought to this world on March 6th and how special that is. I want to surround him with all of his friends and family and have a great big party to celebrate his special day. It was so much fun - I know he had a great time just look at his face in this pic.


I put a digital pic frame with all kinds of pics and made sure to post pics of Luca with all his friends and family who came to the party.

I like this pic even though we're not looking.

Nanny Mary to the rescue!

Luca actually blew out his own candle. We were practicing all week!

After we set up were able to snap a pic before all the guests arrived.


Luca loves his new car we got him.



We had deviled eggs, cheese & crackers, grapes, strawberries, goldfish, animal crackers, chips & dip and deli meat rolls & pizza.



Monkey Toss game. I thought it would be a hit - but the wagon was the BIG HIT. The only reason I brought the wagon was to put all the food and drinks in it so it would be easy to carry in and out...wasn't thinking of using it as a toy for the kids. They loved it.


Luca playing with the monkey toss.

So here's the cake. I know it's cute and I did love it but it's not what I asked for. It was supposed to be light blue instead of white and footballs instead of bananas - the bananas looked like real bananas - nice detail. I wasn't so happy because the lady was supposed to drop it off at 4pm but didn't show up until 15 minutes before the party which I started to worry Luca wasn't going to get a Bday cake and as she was leaving the monkey collapsed forward. We ended up having to put a cup under the monkey to keep him up for the party. It was still a super cute cake but I probably won't buy again from that lady.



My MnM friends Kelly & Jimmy.

The little genius - James - he's 6 months YOUNGER than Luca and already knows his alphabet and his numbers. He's very smart. His parents - Michelle and Evan do a great job with him.

More MnM friends Kelly, Nicole, and Mark.

Corey's Aunt Carmen and Grammy.

Corey's Aunt Dayna

Corey's cousin Cara and Tom.

My niece, Evie, Carson and Croy.

Our good friends Matt & Crystal - they were so kind enough to take a lot of pics and video for us at the party. Olivia's Godparents Ante and Jes were also great, too! They helped with Olivia the entire party and even stayed to help clean up.

My MnM friends Katie & Keegan, Rose (Sams wife) & Sophia.

My MnM friends Sam & Ethan.

Nanny Mary was wearing the Bjorn since she was in charge of Olivia at the party.

Nanny Mary worked so hard to help me with the party and with the kids that she took a nap she was so tired! I don't know what I would do without you Mary. I am so grateful to have you as my big sister.

She no longer will stay to sit - she's gotta be on the move!

My sweet little princess in her new Polo outfit!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Joanna I love having you as my little sister and always letting me take care of my beautiful niece and handsome nephew.

    ReplyDelete