Tuesday, March 9, 2010

1st Trip to the Zoo & Luca's 2 Year Check Up

It was such a beautiful day today that I took the kids to the zoo. It was Olivia's 1st trip to the zoo but Luca 4th trip and he was finally excited to go. I took him a few times last year but he really had no interest plus I was preggars and the smell didn't help so I didn't take him as often as I would have liked. Last year Luca was more interested in getting out of his stroller and walking. This year, he sat in the stroller the entire time and watched all the animals and even named some of them too! These are both horrible pics...my battery on my camera died from the Bday party so I only got 2 pics. This pic is of the monkeys in the background but Luca looks like he's drunk off his grapes! As for Olivia, she was more interested in taking off her shoes and her socks the entire time. She ended up taking off one of her socks & I didn't notice that she took it off and threw it on the ground. So we lost a sock at the zoo.



They had a carousel and we tried putting Luca on the horse but he wasn't so interested. He wanted to sit next to his sister instead.

Luca had his 2 year well visit today and he was such a good boy! The doctor said that he's never had a 2 year old that would allow him to look in both ears without any fuss. He thinks that Luca will be a mediator because he is so well mannered. He kept saying "Hi Doctor". He's so stinking cute. His vocabulary keeps growing everyday and I'm amazed at how quickly he catches on to things. We are working on learning how to spell his name. He says "ECA" I know that doesn't spell Luca but he's getting closer. We took Olivia with us to the doc office and she had a major blowout - I didn't have an extra outfit so she was pantless. I asked the doc about her not liking veggies and that I've been forcing it. He told me not to worry about it and not to force it. I will pretend to give her water so she'll open her mouth then give her the veggies. The doc said she should be getting all her calories from the formula and that if she's doing this at 12-18 months then he would be concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment