Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bday Packages from Japan and Florida!

I can't believe my baby boy, Luca, is turning 2 on Saturday! It feels like yesterday when Corey bought me wild chicken wings from BW3's on my due date - March 5th to help me induce labor. We both thought for sure I'd go into labor before my due date. Most of my friends who had kids all had their babies early and we just thought I would, too. We couldn't believe there was no baby on March 5th. Corey was so anxious to meet the little baby inside of me and we both wanted to know if it was a boy or a girl since we didn't find out during our ultrasound. He heard that spicy foods induce labor. Well, it worked! At 2am I woke up to contractions thinking that my stomach was upset from the wings. When the pain would come and go I realized I was in labor! Our baby boy was born on Corey's moms Bday - March 6th.

I was so sad that my family wasn't going to be at his Bday so I wanted to make sure Luca knew that a lot of people loved him so I invited all of his pals and I felt like it wouldn't be right to pick a couple friends so I invited 14 of his friends plus their moms and spouses. We also invited Corey's side of the family and our good friends, too. Well, there will be a total of 55 people at his party! That's one big Bday party and he sure will feel loved! I'm making it a monkey themed party since Luca still loves his stuffed animal monkey and HAS to sleep with it every night. Here are the favors we made for the kids. Isn't cute? Inside the monkey pals are banana candies, bubbles, playdoh, and a mini monkey coloring book and crayons. I still need to go out and buy 2 more favors since I only have 12.




Luca and Olivia received a package all the way from Japan. I made sure to record it since Uncle Na Na can't be here to watch them open it. I only could take a short clip since I knew it wouldn't upload if I waited for them to open all the gifts. They got a book that's both in English & Japanese, a puzzle, socks and couple of toys. They loved all of it...thank you Uncle Na Na!


Luca also received a Bday card from his Nonna and Nonno from Florida with a check for his college 403B Plan. They also bought him a beautiful leather chair perfect for his size for his room. I will post pics of that when Luca opens it on his Bday.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure that the party will be fantastic! I can tell that you are the best hostess. The favors look great! Anneliese wishes she could come and celebrate. Happy Early Birthday Luca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Anne. We wish you guys could be here, too!

    ReplyDelete