The kids are LOVING school. They are the only people I know that get soo excited to wake up to their alarm to go to school. They are doing great in the mornings where they will take a shower with minimal help, get dressed, make their beds, brush their teeth and they do it enthusiastically, too. We get them breakfast, pack their lunches and drop them off. These kids LOVE routine. They told me that they play together at recess which I think is so sweet.
Today when I picked up the kids (pick up is in the cafeteria) I walked to their classes just to touch base with teachers to see how their week was going and how the kids were doing. Luca's teacher said "he's doing great!" and Olivia's teacher told me "She's a dream!" I was so proud to hear that. I was also happy to see some pictures and work posted on the wall outside their classes.
Luca said he's taken several reading tests on the computer yesterday he took 3 which is voluntary and today he took 2. They are both in soccer and they both seem to really enjoy it. Luca has homework everyday and he says it's easy. Today he had to write his one sentence using a vocabulary word. He also had to read some sentences and words for me. I really think having him do 3 worksheets a day all summer really helped as he's flying through his work at school, too.
Olivia hasn't had homework but the teacher did say that they will have math homework. Olivia is a hugger and she's always hugging her friends goodbye, it's so cute.
They are both very tired and hungry after school. When I pick them up they are soo excited to tell me everything about school that they get upset because they both want to be the 1st one to tell me. Once they get a snack and I let them watch a little TV they seem to be happy again.
I'm just thrilled that they are having a great school experience so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment