Friday, August 22, 2014

Luca's 1st Day of School!

I have been AWFUL with blogging lately because I have been so busy with my photography business. I can't believe I have 20 sessions this month and have a few newborns that might be born this month, too. I just had to take some time out of my day to blog about 1st day of school because I don't want to forget any of these memories. Luca was so thrilled when he found out he had Mrs. Reo for his teacher. The last week of school in Kindergarten they got to meet the 1st grade teachers and I remember him telling me "I hope I have Mrs. Reo next year." There are only 2 1st grade classes so his kindergarten class was split up in half and he seems to have a great class. He had school supply drop off on Monday which is like an Open House where you get to meet the teacher. He was soo excited to have his own desk and that there were books inside his desks. Mrs. Reo had instructions on where to put all the supplies and he was thrilled to have a task and he got so excited when he saw a lot of his friends in class, too. He told me when we got home "I can't believe I'm a 1st grader! I wish school started today, I'm so excited." It made me soo happy to hear this. The night before school started we had put an alarm clock app on his Ipad to wake him up and we were reminding him everything he would need to do, turn off the alarm, take a shower, get dressed, make your bed, brush your teeth, eat breakfast. I told him I would take a few pictures and he said "Only 1 picture Mommy!" I said that's impossible for me to take one pic so we negotiated to 15 and he counted every single pic I took. So here they are....


For the past 2 years I have chalked their grades on the driveway and took a picture.  I usually chalk the night before b/c it takes so long and I did it for Luca and of course it rained and washed off so I will have to do them next week when there is no rain!
My handsome little guy!
When I picked up Luca he said he had a great day at school and that he loved it.  He told me that Mrs. Reo read 3 books and one was about the Gingerbread Man which I can't believe I've never read that book to him out of all the books we've read at the library.  He was able to recite the riddle in the book.  He also told me that they got to do a scavenger hunt and he found the Ginergerbread Man.  H said he had gym class and he sat with his friend Mikey and Matthew at lunch.  He is soo good at telling me everything about school, I love it.  I have a feeling he's going to have a great year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment