Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tying Shoes

Today Luca and Olivia had their 1st T-Ball practice.  After school, I played catch with them to get them a little prepared since they haven't really played or practiced since last year.  Luca's shoe was untied and we honestly haven't really taught him how to tie his shoes.  He had velcro shoes the majority of the year and a couple of months ago we bought him new shoes with laces and he will ask his teachers or classmates to tie them.  So I finally just sat down on the grass and tried it with him. It's very hard to teach someone how to tie their shoes. My patience was low after several attempts, especially when I would try showing him and he didn't want to watch and he would say "I know how to do it!"  He finally got it after a few tries!! He was soo excited to show Corey. 

I can't believe Olivia's last day of pre-school is tomorrow.  I can not believe my baby is going to Kindergarten next year.  I feel so unprepared because we recently headed a petition in our entire neighborhood to do a land transfer for schools.  After submitting it, we heard from the Ohio Board of Education Legal Department that they would consider it!!  So, now we have to wait 30 days for Southwestern Schools to reply and then most likely we will have a hearing and the Board of Ed will decide.  We are really hoping it works out.  We love the private school that Luca goes to, but trying to put 2 kids in private school is not cheap and will be costly for the next 8 years that we could be saving for college instead. So with that, I have no idea where she will be going next year.  I don't have her registered at any school (we lose the deposit at the private school if we don't end up going there).  I sort of feel like we are at the same stage as we were last year when we were trying to move to Florida and I had no idea where Luca would be going to school! Same feeling.  Crossing our fingers this transfer happens.  Corey thinks we have a good chance especially because our school district that we live in just built a brand new building that is 8 miles away and we would have to cross 4 rail road tracks to get them to school.  The school we are hoping to get transferred to is one of the best in Columbus and is only 1.1 miles away - no railroad tracks to cross.   Wish us luck and that we can find out sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment