The other day someone had posted a video on FB about a little boy named, Logan, who is 5 years old and has stage 4 cancer. His mother passed away right after she gave birth to him. He currently is in hospice and the doctors say he won't make it to Thanksgiving. It broke my heart and I haven't been able to stop thinking about this little boy and his family. I told the kids that we should send a little boy in Florida a card because he was sick and that it would make him happy to get a card. Luca was asking me soo many questions like "Can I meet him? What's wrong with him? Why is he sick? How did he get sick?" So after trying to answer all these questions, I finally gave in and let them watch the video of him (which I balled my eyes out after watching it myself). Luca said "That makes me want to cry." Olivia said "Why is his face green?" So after we watched the video they had many more good questions. Luca said "What can we do to help him? Can we send him vitamins?" Olivia said "Can we send him broccoli?" I told him there wasn't anything we could do. Luca said "Can't he get a shot?" He was very concerned about him. I told him we could pray for him. Luca said "At school, after we do the pledge of allegiance we can pray for people. I will pray for Logan." Ugh that made my heart happy that my kids have so much empathy for a little boy that they don't even know. I am so thankful that I have the sweetest kids and most of all that I have healthy kids.
What breaks my heart about Logan is that he's the same age as Luca. I just cannot imagine what this family is going through right now. Please keep Logan in your thoughts and prayers. :(
On a lighter topic, Luca has the longest lashes and whenever one of his lashes fall on his face I grab it and ask him finger or thumb? Corey has always done this to me so this is where I got it from. If he guesses the right finger the lash is on he makes a wish. He said "I wish I can read a big book to my sister."
I was getting the kids ready for bed and we were waiting for Corey to get home from a work trip he was in Hershey Pennsylvania and the kids were waiting up for him to see him before they went to bed. So I passed time by taking pictures.
They had so many poses they wanted.
Oliva said "take one of me kissing Luca!"
Then Luca said "take one of me kissing Olivia!"
I took a picture on Olivia's bed.
Then Luca said "Take a picture of us on MY bed!
Every night I let them pick out 2 books from the library to read. Luca grabbed this book and read the title "I love Cats!" I told him "I bet you can read that book to your sister!" and HE DID! He read every single word on each page correctly. I am so proud of him. (He's been reading Level E books, but this is the 1st hardcover book he's ever read which was his goal.)
He was so proud of himself and I told him "Remember that wish that you made today? It came true!" He was so happy! He couldn't wait for Corey to get home to tell him that his wish came true. :)
Onto another subject. I walked in on Luca and Olivia in the middle of a conversation and I asked what they were talking about. Olivia said "I was telling Luca how Jack pushed me in school today." Luca said "I will talk to him. I don't like anyone messing with my sister!" Awww so protective, I love it. :)












No comments:
Post a Comment