Olivia had her 1st day today! I took a ton of pics. Here she is eating a healthy breakfast! I love that she enjoys Oatmeal. I used to give her the pre-made stuff then found out that they put a bunch of sugar and not real food stuff in there. Now i just warm up some milk, add oatmeal, some steel cut oatmeal, honey, and cinnamon. Sometimes she'll let me put raisins in it, too. It's also cheaper to make it yourself than buy the packaged stuff, too!!
Luca eating his non-healthy sugary cereal, Golden Grahams! (That's what I ate, too!) He's very excited to have a few days of Mommy and Luca time since he doesn't start school until next week.
She's getting so big!!
Look how much she's grown compared to last year!!
http://joanna-andresfamily.blogspot.com/2012/09/1st-day-of-pre-school.html
And look at this 3 years ago...
http://joanna-andresfamily.blogspot.com/2011/08/olivias-1st-day-of-pre-school-movement.html
Look how much she's grown compared to last year!!
http://joanna-andresfamily.blogspot.com/2012/09/1st-day-of-pre-school.html
And look at this 3 years ago...
http://joanna-andresfamily.blogspot.com/2011/08/olivias-1st-day-of-pre-school-movement.html
It's hard to see the chalk when I take the pic, so I have to edit them a lot and highly saturate the pic so the chalk colors will pop.
She said "Yay I'm going to pre-school!"
I saw a bunch of cute little signs on Pinterest that I was going to use for her 1st day of School sign, but since we don't have a color printer, I just bought some cute paper and printed her name and the date on it instead.
I love this face!
I'm not going to lie, I really, really loved her pre-school last year. The teachers were amazing there. Her teachers had been pre-school teachers for a while and they all had kids. They were so warm and friendly and it seemed like they LOVED their job which made me comfortable leaving the kids with them knowing how much they cared about them. They also seemed so interested in getting to know Olivia, I always remembered how they would greet her and get down to her level to make eye contact and she loved it. I didn't get that warm and fuzzy feeling with her new teacher at this new school. We signed her up last year before we knew we were moving because we thought Corey would still be working at Grandview and Luca would be going to kindergarten there so it made sense for Olivia to go to Pre-School there. This program is a peer model program where Olivia is the peer model for some special needs kids. On the positive side there were only a total of 3 kids in her class including her. She also has two teachers which the ratio is amazing! I just have felt it's been very disorganized, we met the teacher for the 1st time today which I was hoping we'd meet her before school started like her school last year. These teachers are newer so they don't have kids and it's just not that same warm and fuzzy feeling I used to get at TUMPS. I know sometimes I don't adapt to change well, but I'm hoping that I will feel better after a week or so after going there. She will be going 5 days a week compared to 2x a week last year so maybe I'm just having a hard time knowing she'll be away from me so long and I just want to make sure that the person who is going to be with her all that time is going to take good care of her (which I'm sure they will).
Back to the pretty little lady.
At school!












Great pics!
ReplyDelete