Yesterday, I had my 6 month dentist check up. My dentist office told me they start cleaning the kids teeth at the age of 3, but it would be a good idea to take Olivia with me so she can watch so when she turns 3 it won't be so scary. Well, I went unprepared, meaning with no camera because I thought she was just going to watch me the entire time. She was so curious and asked the hygienist so many questions..."Why do you have a big light? Why are you putting that in Mommy's mouth? Mommy, does that tickle?"
She was such a good guest that when I was done the hygienist told Olivia to hop on the chair and she gave her 1st teeth cleaning even with only 12 teeth! She still has 8 more to go but they are coming in slowly. Olivia did so good and loved every minute of it. She actually is obsessed with brushing her teeth. She always wanted to brush her teeth but didn't get any until she was 19 months old,so since her 1st tooth she's obsessed with brushing them! She is always the 1st one to go to the bathroom and put the toothpaste on the brush, and she'll even put Luca's big boy toothpaste on his toothbrush for him every morning and night. It's like a ritual - she loves to do that for him, it's cute.
The dentist did tell me that she will definitely need braces because, like her Mommy, she has an under-bite. I feel so bad b/c she will have to have this awful thing that I had in mouth for over a year and key to turn it to make her upper teeth move forward so she won't have an underbite. I hated that thing and it was painful and annoying getting food stuck up there. So I guess we need to start saving for braces in our future!
In other news, I need to start listening to more appropriate music on the radio because after I buckled Luca and Olivia in their car seats and before starting the car Olivia started to sing "I'm sexy and I know it!" Then Luca joined in. I could only laugh even though inside I was mad at myself for always listening to non kid friendly music in the car.
No comments:
Post a Comment