Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Baby CAN Read!

So we bought "My Baby Can Read" when Luca was about a year old. The program is to have the kids watch a DVD 2 times a day, then go over flashcards and books with them. We would religiously have Luca watch the DVD once a day every morning while he ate breakfast for a good 3 to 4 months. We also went over the flashcards with him. He did learn a lot like how to put his "Arms Up" and he learned how to say a lot of words but after we had Olivia we got a little busy and we kind of gave up on it. My friend told me her son was reading flashcards and he will turn 2 in September! I told Corey about it and we brought out the flashcards and we were amazed that Luca was able to read 10 words. It's awesome! We have a lot more flashcards but I was so happy that he's able to memorize or associate the words, especially at 2 years old. I have a video but I'm thinking blogger won't upload it b/c it's over a minute. I'll have to try to record a quick version of it.


We also had Olivia's one year well visit on Monday. She weighed 21 pounds which was in the 50th percentile. So when I'm holding both kids that's 50 pounds since Luca weighs about 29 pounds. No wonder my back is always hurting! She also was between the 50 and 75th percentile for her height and head circumference.

We transitioned O to drink cows milk about a week ago and she's doing great - she also doesn't miss her bottle, either! We are trying to put her down for one nap instead of two. Even though I love 2 naps, lately we've been feeling trapped in the house between both kids nap schedule we can't leave the house from 10 to 4! She did great today and took a 3 hour nap from 11 to 1 when she normally takes about 2 naps that last between 1 to 2 hours. We've also noticed that she's saying more words everyday. She can say ball, balloon, sit, this, and she'll try to repeat a word we'll say to her. She's growing up way too fast! I also love that the kids are playing with each other everyday. They laugh and chase each other around - it's so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment