Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Big Boy Bed & 9 Month Check Up

One of the biggest challenges of having two kids is having room in the grocery cart. When Olivia was in her car seat it would take up the entire cart since Luca was on the front part. She was surrounded with groceries! I wrote a note to the manager at Giant Eagle requesting "Car Carts" and a couple of days later I got a call from the manager saying that he would put it in the budget to get some. Well, here it is! I love Giant Eagle. They only have ONE of these carts so far but I'm really hoping they'll invest in more.


The kids loved the car cart and Luca was even feeding Olivia her snacks. She is now eating table foods. The doctor said that she must have not liked the texture of baby food but she loves pizza, soup, quiche and she even ate chicken today. Still trying to work on veggies and fruits. It's amazing how different kids are. Luca LOVED veggies and fruits at her age. He still loves fruit but not so much with the veggies anymore.


We have recently converted Luca's Crib into a toddler bed because he figured out how to jump out of it. He wasn't great with his landing because he would fall on his head or on his arm and we decided that he really could hurt himself so it was time to convert his bed. We were really nervous because we thought this would be a tough transition but so far he's been great the past two days. I have been taking him to the park, playdates and playing outside to wear him out so he will take a nap instead of venture out of his bed and it has been working. Here I have him pushing his sister on the wagon outside of our house.

Olivia's 9 month appointment went well. The doc says that typically at 9 months you'll see them thin out a little bit since they are moving around a lot more which he was right because Olivia is now in the 50th Percentile for weight - 18 lbs 14 oz, she was also in the 50th percentile for her height of 27 3/4" and the nurse had a hard time measuring her head. She wouldn't stay still and the nurse scratched her head so I don't thin she got an accurate measurement or her head just got really big in the last 3 months - 18" which is the 90th percentile. Maybe it's all the hair? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment