I haven't been good about taking pictures this past week because I have been so busy taking pictures of other kids...which is good! But I don't want to neglect blogging so I will write about some things the kids have said to me.
The kids are getting really excited about Christmas and even though I want to try to focus on the next holiday, Thanksgiving, they keep seeing things in the store and will tell me that they want that for Xmas. I told the kids they can ask for 3 things from Santa because I really don't want them to ask for too much but to learn that it's also about giving. Olivia told me today that she wanted to ask Santa for a new stroller for her baby, a present for her baby and a car for her baby. Nothing for her...just for her baby. Isn't that sweet? She also told me she wants to chew bubble gum but she has to wait until she turns 17. I think one time I was chewing gum and she asked me if she could have some and I told her she had to wait til' she was 17. I didn't realize she thought I was serious! :) Also, in school the teachers will ask kids questions each week to each kid and I love that they post their answers outside the wall where we wait for the kids. They asked "What's your favorite food for Thanksgiving?" Olivia said "snacks." Then when we were home eating dinner I asked Olivia what we ate for Thanksgiving and she said Pizza! Corey and I realized she's only had a Thanksgiving dinner 3 times and probably doesn't remember any of those!
Luca really LOVES pre-school. He told me that he didn't want to go to Kindergarten and that he wants to stay in pre-school. He is soo good at telling me what he does during school and will always tell me about the books they read which I think is great b/c it tells me that he's paying attention. I also love that sometimes they will play "library" together and Olivia is Ms. Kate (the librarian at our library who does storytime -which they love her!) and Luca is Mr. Brian (who does the singing storytime once a month at the library). I will have to tell Ms. Kate and Mr. Brian that tomorrow when we go to the library. Luca is working on his site words and is doing great. He can also put sentences together on Corey's I-pad.
No comments:
Post a Comment