Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bye Miss Julia....

Luca and Olivia's favorite and 1st teacher ever, Miss Julia, is moving to Chicago.  The kids are definitely going to miss her.  Her last day was yesterday and the kids made her a card.  Luca wrote the entire card himself.  Olivia was able to write the O-L and I's in her name.  I helped her with V and the A and I also dotted her I's for her, too.


She was such a great teacher and the kids just LOVED her.  I was so comfortable leaving the kids with her.  I admired how patient she was with all the kids and she had so much energy that was infectious.  She will be missed.
What is really cute is she hand wrote a note to each of the kids which was so sweet it got me all teary eyed reading it.


 Dear Luca, 


I love starting my week off with your handsome smile and big brown eyes.  You have come a long way in two years; from peeling you off of your mom, to walking in all by yourself.  You are full of energy and have an overflowing imagination.  I have enjoyed having you in class and will miss you greatly.


~Miss Julia


Dear Olivia, 


Every Tuesday you come in with those beautiful curls and bubly cheerful smile.  It brightens my day. :) You are eager to learn and are full of enthusiasm.  You love to dance and move!  You are kind to your friends and always ready to help.  I have enjoyed having you in class and will miss you so much!


~Miss Julia

I am going to keep these for the kids to keep! I saw on Pinterest (Anne Lynn  - I think you might have pinned it?)  the other day such a great idea...to buy the book "Oh the places you'll go" By Dr. Seuss and then have all your kids teachers write a message on it every year and then give it as a gift on their graduation day!  I've got to do that!!

1 comment:

  1. i did pin it. I pin a lot of stuff that I will probably never get around to doing but I AM going to do that one FOR SURE!!!

    ReplyDelete